So November was kind of a bust when it came to reading. This month, I’m hoping to get more reading done than in November. Most of the books I’m planning to read this month are either for book clubs, blog tours, or just to get my NetGalley/Edelweiss TBRs down.
I’m too lazy to grab pics of the covers today, so…
Scythe by Neal Shusterman – I need to read this for YA Book Club at Barnes & Noble.
Jupiter’s Fire by William Osborne – Blog Tour
The Slayings in Syndenham by Alice Castle – Blog Tour
Wild Sky by Lexi Rees – Blog Tour
Die Every Day by Gordon Bickerstaff – Blog Tour
Belle Revolté by Linsey Miller – NetGalley
The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert – Prep for The Night Country
The Night Country by Melissa Albert – NetGalley
Legacy of Night by C. D. Travenor – NetGalley
Safeguard by John A. Daly – NetGalley
I’m going to keep it to those books and hope that I manage to get all of them read. I’ve already started Scythe, Jupiter’s Fire, and Belle Revolté. I’m working on The Hazel Wood in preparation for The Night Country.
I’m going to try to start reading at least 4 NetGalley books per month and not requesting new books no matter how much I want to until my feedback ratio is 80% and my TBR pile for NetGalley is way lower than it currently is. This means I’m going to be reading and reviewing some seriously old books, but it will be worth it to fix my ratio.
What’s on your December TBR list?
This month I’ve got a few things on my TBR list, but I can’t say whether I’ll be able to get to them thanks to this blasted eye. My eye doctor and I have determined that it is episcleritis, which is thankfully more just annoying than actually harmful. However, when the back and forth motion your eyes make while reading hurts your eyes… UGH…. so…
Books I want to finish this month:
- The Tommyknockers by Stephen King (audiobook)
hiver by Maggie Stiefvater (audiobook) Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo (need this finished by the 5th for book club)
Books I want to get read this month:
- The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys (need this finished by the 14th for YA book club)
- Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling (re-read)
- Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling (re-read)
- Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling (re-read)
- Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling (actually finish for once)
- Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
- Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling
- Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
- Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling
- The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black (I have this pre-ordered through Amazon)
I know this is ambitious, but I have faith in myself. After all, in October I read 12 books and finished 3 audiobooks for grand total of 15 read. This is just 13 total. I might add in the December YA Book Club pick but I won’t know until I actually find out what that book is.
What do you have on your TBR for November?
I don’t have a photo for you because my entire TBR pile isn’t actually here yet. That’s because I’m getting some of this month’s TBR list from Amazon next week. But…. here’s the breakdown of what I’m hoping to get read this month.